Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Thankful & Grateful ~ Two DIY projects perfect for Thanksgiving Weekend

Last year I created a Print and wrote a Mini Blog with an idea of how we could be louder with what we are thankful about.
Depending on who you are,Thanksgiving can mean a million different things to you, but what it means to me - personally - is a chance to get together with my loved ones and celebrate all the things we have to be Grateful or Thankful about that year! Gratitude is something that I practice consciously on a daily biases, & love the idea of a Holiday that celebrates exactly that!

I decided to adapt that Idea this year & incorporate the Wax Preserved Leaves I also shared a tutorial for last week!
Place a waxed Leaf at every place setting
Before dinner, pass around a few paint markers & have everyone write down something that they are Thankful for in their life!
You can leave them at the table as place settings OR tuck them into a frame to keep the Gratitude going the rest of the reason!

Something else I added to the fall decor this year was this 'Thankful And Grateful' Quote from the top of the Blog.
Step 1. Rip a piece of peeling Birch Bark off of a Tree (it is very thin just like paper or card stock)
Step 2. Store it in an envelope for weeks between books because you forgot about it to flatten it.

Step 3. Using a black Sharpie, I wrote out the quote "Thankful & Grateful"

Step 4. I had originally framed it with some burlap edging, but I wasn't really happy with how it turned out until I saw a tutorial posted by The Party Parade on Instagram (@thepartyparade) where they had used a branch to hang a craft paper sign & decided to give that a try & now
 I do love how it turned out!


I hope that you are having so much fun with your Loved ones however you intend on spending this coming Monday do it with An Attitude of Gratitude <3

Gratitude Is The Best Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment