Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

'Sweethearts' Inspired DIY Manicure

This Adorable Valentines Manicure idea is actually one that was given to me by my younger brother (thanks buddy!), It is SO simple to do & has a big impact – I wasn't sure whether or not I should post this Tutorial ( because it really is very simple & will be quite short) But so many people (both men & women) stopped to compliment or ask me about them when I was out today so I felt like I should share it with you guys!

What You Will Need:
  • 5 different colours of polish (I chose pale blue, pale greeen, yellow, purple, and coral – all from the CRUSH line sold at Boathouse. Make sure that you are choosing colours with the same finish – Choosing all of your colours from the same line will insure this, but it absolutely not necessary)
  • A good top coat – Again I went with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip in Clear.
  • A Red Polish (Fine tip if you have it)
  • If you do not have a fine tip Red you will also need a pin/needle.

Lets Get Painting Sweethearts! 

Step 1. Begin By Painting each nail a different colour as the base. 
Remember that it is always better to do two or three thin coats rather than one thick one!

Step 2. Once your base colours have all dried – Begin writing your cute sweet heart phrases! I was eating some at the time so i had lots of inspiration – if you aren't you can always Google them, Copy the ones I choose (xoxo, Be Mine, Kiss Me, I (heart) You, Love Bug) or get creative & make them up your self!

If you have fine tip nail polishes GREAT! If not, you certainly don't have to go out and buy them! A Simple trick I use if I don't have the colour I want/NEED in a fine tip is to use a pin! 
Simply Dab a small amount of the polish onto a surface you don’t mine being covered in Polish (i use the back of my journal) & then simple dip the tip of the pin into the Polish and proceed to draw/write as you normally would (as I have shown in the images below) I find it helps if I brace my arm on a table edge to keep my hand steady!

Step 3. Again after this has dried completely you are going to finish with your clear top coat for Extra shine (this will also fix any small imperfections)!



Never Be Afraid To Sparkle A Little Brighter

No comments:

Post a Comment