I don't know what it is about Spring that just makes me want to spend my days cleaning and organizing everything in sight! It is a time for Fresh Air, Flowers, & to make our homes feel organized and efficient for our daily lives!
Don't be daunted by the list of jobs entailed in Spring cleaning & instead focus on tackling simple but much needed jobs that you can finish in just a few minutes & be able to appreciate immediately! Below you will find a list of 10 Ideas you can do to start Spring cleaning today in just 10 minutes OR LESS!
1. Take 10 minutes to clean the 'Junk Drawer' or in our case basket - Sift through each paper / item and find the proper homes for them - 99% of the time that place is the trash.
2. Wash the Slip Covers From your couch & cushions - this can be broken up into two days / two 10 min intervals.
Day 1 - Remove Covers & Wash.
Day 2 - Dry & Replace Covers.
3. Wash baseboards / Ceiling Fans - This is something that can be done in under 10min a day if tackled one room at a time!
4. Change the batteries in your smoke alarms - why wait for that super annoying beeping sound.
5.Clean out the Refrigerator / Pantry - Checking expiration dates & perhaps introducing a little more Organization if needed.
6. Clean out your Bathroom Vanity / Personal Care Product Storage - Check the labeling/fine print & toss any expired products Or those that contain harmful chemical ingredients, preservatives, or Parabens. A clean life starts with a clean, pure body after all!
7. Organize the drawer(s) in your dresser - removing each item of clothing from each drawer, checking for any items that no longer fit, you no longer wear, that could be donated. Whipe out each drawer and then neatly replace its contents.
8. Wash the bath tub & Wax if necessary - add a pretty candle, or switch out your bath mat or hand towels to freshen it up for spring!
9. Wash doors & door nobs
10. Reduce clutter by clearing off your most cluttered table or counter top & find Recycle,Toss, or Shred any un-needed items & re-locate items you wish to keep to a more suitable spot.
10mins A day adds up quickly, especially if you have 2 or more people willing to help!
By the end of the week you can accomplish 2hours & 20minutes a week with just two people!
In a Family of 5 - 4hours & 50minutes a week!
I hope that you have found this helpful!
What are some of your 'Not To Miss' Spring Cleaning tasks?
Do you have any homemade/green cleaning recipes you swear by?
I know it doesn't quite feel like it just yet - But I am so excited because SPRING has officially SPRUNG, Easter is just around the corner, & I have soo many upcoming collaborations and giveaways planned that I can hardly wait to share with all of you!
Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright