Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

'Blushing Valentine' Get The Look & 2016 Lipstick Trends.

2016 Lipstick Craze!

It's huge for 2016! & while some shares are currently trending more than others (red is always fighting with a vengeance to stay on top) it's all about switching it up, getting out of the box, avoiding any habits you may have fallen into & just have fun with it. There are seriously no limits this year, I have seen everything from Gold to Blue & I wasn't hating it even a bit! It's such a fast way to add big impact and really show a little splash of personality; which I love! This is sort of a combination post of both a 'Get The Look' & my top Lipstick picks going into Spring; A few of the colours and shades that I have really been drawn to. My lips are pretty dark naturally, and I seem to always navigate more in that direction – I am going to do my best to Pull Off play with with neutrals and pastels as we move into spring!

'Blushing Valentine' Get The Look:

This look is all about Pastel Pink in honor of Valentines Day and leaving my comfort zone of neutral eye / bold lip! It would be cute for just about Any Valentines date, weather you are planning a fancy night out or snuggle night in. It's both polished and flirty while still maintaining a natural 'girl next door' feel - The best of both worlds!
For the sake of simplicity & to avoid repetition, I am going to skip the Base steps & get right to the details of this look. If you'd like to check out a tutorial on how I apply my base / what foundation I use that it can be found HERE.

~ On My Lip's I am wearing Smoothed Over Lipstick in shade Camellia - which can be seen featured in the photos above!

~ I kept the eye quite simple seeing as I am going for a bright lip!
 I am wearing Vanilla eye shadow over the entire lid & the pink swept across the outer edge of my eye lid (using a small shadow brush) is actually a Blush in shade Taffeta.
Black Liquid Eye Liner in a modest wing & two coats of It's a Long Story Mascara  'It's A Long Story' Mascara to finish off the eye.

~ Lastly I used the same shade 'Taffeta'( the same one I used on my eye) as intended for blush.

Give Your Valentine The Perfect Kiss This Year 


The following Photos are By The Lovely & Talented Alicia; Founder of  The Good Beauty Co.

"I believe there is no price tag on good skin, but that there is also no price tag on the earth & the creatures who live here." - Alicia

If you are a lover of beauty, wellness, & the earth be sure to check her out, the only regret you'll have is if you haven't been following along with her already!




I hope that you enjoyed this #MakeupMonday installment, {which I am really hoping to bring back more regularly this year}. I know that the topic of Make-up or Beauty may come off as vain to some, but I think it's just fun! Not to mention I truly do believe in the concept of Loving yourself to Love another better. It's so important to truly take the proper time to love and nurture yourself so first; that way those you love will 'get the Best of you not the Rest of you”. Maybe this is something that hit home for you, & maybe not! But if it did, remember it's January! Maybe taking more time for yourself would be a good resolution (& certainly a lot more fun to stick with than others but JUST as beneficial!) OR maybe set a goal for yourself to play with at-least one makeup colour OR do one thing for yourself daily that you wouldn't have typically made a priority or set time aside to do! 

Gratitude Is The Best Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment