Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Decorate for Spring & Easter by Bringing in Natural Elements

Spring is officially here!
Bringing in bits of nature & using other natural or handmade elements is a very easy way to add a light Spring touch to any room of your house!
Below I have put together some of the Natural Decor elements we have right now!

Spring is a time for lightening up and clearing out any excess clutter, so keep this in mind while decorating! Be sure to take a look through all of the decor pieces you have already. Consider re-arranging what you already have or dig out some pieces from the back of your cupboard that you may have forgotten about! One of my favourite things to do this time of year is to go through our entire home and collect up ALL of the decorative pieces, picture frames etc. It is a great way to get a fresh look at what you have now and how it could potentially be reworked to create a completely different look!

I whipped up a batch of peanut butter balls for Easter weekend. The Crochet Paper Basket was made using paper lunch bags, it was so simple to do & I really like how it turned out! The cookie / chocolates jar was the easiest DIY project - I found this massive lilac mason jar, back in the winter & loved the colour as soon as I saw it! I simply glued a Sparkle Bunny I made last year to the lid with a hot glue gun & filled it with the left over Peanut Butter Balls.

I found the Green wine bottles a few years ago in an old barn at my parents house, after being scrubbed relentlessly only to be set on the top of a shelf for the past year or so. I was happy to find them & love how they look with these fresh bits of green!

The crochet garland (probably not as difficult or time consuming to make as you might imagine) I made this by simply cutting up a crochet table runner that I had thrifted (before noticing a coffee stain) once I cut out the half moon shapes, I simply strung it on a piece of white bead thread to create an upcycled garland!
The Wooden Beaded Garland is one I made over the winter with a bunch of over-sized wooden beads I found, I added tassels to each end & really like how it turned out, it's like a piece of jewelry for the wall!
 
 I hope that you have enjoyed these Nature inspired DIY / Upcycled Decor.
Gratitude Is The Best Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment