Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2016

DIY Dried Flower Mobile

It has been a minute since I shared an Upcy DIY - Summer is a month of playing outside and soaking up every minute of Sunshine. Which doesn't leave a lot of time for me to be inside creating - however what I do create during these months is almost always created from or inspired by nature! This Flower Mobile is a super simple DIY That goes along with the Dried Flower Tutorial I shared a few months back.
I created it using some lilac, daisies & foliage that I had picked earlier in the summer.
I created the Round portion of the mobile using ALL upcycled materials. The crochet was cut from an old stained table runner I thrifted. The wood ribbon is out of A bouquet I won a few years ago & held onto in true 'Upcycler' fashion.

 
Products Needed / I Used:

These May Vary Depending On Design Choice(s). ~ Wood Ribbon ~ Crochet Table Runner ~ Hemp Rope ~ Needle & Thread ~ Dried Flowers ~ Fishing Line ~ Scissors How To: Step 1. first cut out the piece of crochet you wanted to use (or crochet the center your self) Step 2. Carefully wrap the wooden ribbon into a circle and secure it in shape using hemp rope. Step 3. Then sew the crochet into the wood ribbon circle.
Step 4. Once the flowers are dried I cut the flowers & foliage into small pieces. [As shown below]
Step 5. Cut several lengths of fishing line & tie them securely to each flower & foliage piece & then tie the other end of the line to the crochet & wood ribbon round. Step 6. To Hang I simply Threaded a small length of fishing line through the center of the crochet circle & tied it in a loop.


Gratitude Is The Best Attitude

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Would you by chance consider making a couple to sell? I know this is a diy, but I would love to have two made by you! Let me know if you are able and willing to make them (I don't have your contact info, sorry!).

    - Tia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for the Delay in reply! I would be so happy to help you with this!
      Feel free to contact me via email at upcygirl@hotmail.com or on facebook under the same name 'Upcygirl'
      Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete