Search This Blog

Thursday, July 27, 2017

DIY Matching Concert T-shirts [ The Weeknd ]

 I seem to be have some sort of T-shirt theme starting here. Un-intentional but I'm going to go with it.
Back in May We spent a Weekend in Toronto to see a The Weeknd concert. [try and say that sentence 10 times fast] We had an absolutely amazing time with great friends and the most incredible concert of my life to date.
Thankfully for me Cody also loves a shameless matching concert Tshirt! I just can not pass up a chance to hop on a little DIY action!                   On to the Tutorial.

What You Will Need: 
~ T shirt(s)
~ Fabric Paint (acrylic will also work)
~ Paint brush(s)
~ Iron On Letters
~ Iron

How To:
Be sure to wash yous shirts before you use any kind of Iron on products so if you plan on mixing techniques like I did i recommend washing your shirts before you paint to help protect the integrity of the paint design.

I used a combination of hand painting & Iron on Letters & the entire Project cost less than $10.00 per Shirt [included all supplies & the Cotton T Shirt(s) which I picked up from Michaels]

I wanted The X & O on the front of the shirts to cover the entire front of the shirts, so I decided to go ahead and hand paint these designs for simplicity
  (if you're slightly delusional like me & think spending hours hand painting minorly intricate designs the night before you leave to go out of town is the Simplest way)
My Nana was so kind as to lend me her Iron to complete the project!
I used Black and white 'Varsity' style Iron on Letters to add our chosen song titles to the backs.
(very similar in application as an Iron On Patch which made this half of the shirt much more time efficient!)




In the summer time, I seem to focus a lot of my creativity towards concert // beach wear 
DIY Beach Skirt I made last year for Beach Club

& I am currently working on something for Îlesoniq, & perhaps it will join the list

No comments:

Post a Comment