Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2017

Upcycled Christmas Wrap Ideas Sure To Make Em' BLUSH


Happy #FriDIY the 15th ~ 10 more days until Christmas!
Wrapping gifts & adding special touches that I feel suit each person is one of my FAVOURITE steps of getting ready for Christmas Day! I love collecting up & making little ornate details, hand making ornaments or name tags!
Something I have neglected to consider in some years past however is the fact that everyday we use a lot more disposable items than we truly need! But around the Holidays this always increases drastically!
This year I am challenging myself to Keep these two simple thoughts in mind when wrapping my Gifts this year for a Smaller Holiday Footprint!
~ Could I Up-cycle/ Re-Use Something
~ Could It Be Re-Used 
Both may not always be applicable for all of your wrapping supplies, but if you are mindful I promise that it is a lot easier (& not to mention more cost efficient) than you'd think for you & our the planet!
Some of the ways that I ended up wrapping & decorating my gifts that followed these Guide Lines I have put together in a Round-Up Style Tutorial Below!

Cotton & Foliage Gift Wrap, [Up-cycled & Re-Used]
Salt Dough Ornaments & Name Tags, [Re-Used & Re-Useable]
 Knit Sweater Gift Bags & Stockings, [Up-Cycled & Re-Usable]
Brown Paper Bag Advent Calendar & MORE! [Up-cycled]
A few years back I shared the Recipe I use when making Salt-dough which you can find HERE . It can be used to make Ornaments, or Gift Tags. I made a few straight-bars and painted them white which I will use as Gift Tags, as well as Place Holders at the Dinner Table!
Go out on a walk to collect a few shoots of Foliage to add a pretty winter touch! I also added Blush Bells, yarn, & a few pieces of left over gold glitter artificial flowers I had left over after another project!
The Metallic Blush // Rose Gold Gift Wrap Is NEW by QUEENWEST Trading Co.
and available on Amazon.ca
Up-cycle Stockings & Knit Gift Bag(s) out of Unworn Sweaters
I am not exaggerating when I say that I have collected over 10 stockings through the years.
So when I decided that I wanted new Stockings this year to go with my slightly less traditional colour theme, I knew that my budget would have to be pretty slim! I was so excited when I attempted to make the  stockings out of an old sweaters I had folded in the back of the closet, never to be worn again, I decided to also make a Gift Bag which I thought would be a cute way to transport presents over the Holidays, & also hit every one of the Guide Lines to a smaller Holiday Footprint!
I also shared the template I followed.


This Brown Paper Bag Advent Calendar is very similar to one I made a few Years ago & shared the tutorial for HERE. I simply Switched out the branch for a wooden bracelet I never wore but always liked the aesthetics of. I filled 25 Brown Paper Bags with some special surprises, added doilies for a lace detail & numbers. I hung them using two different shades of Jute Twine & added a daisy & Foliage to finish the top!
If you fancy more of a Classic Holiday Theme you should check out last years Country Christmas inspired Advent Calendar made out of a re-claimed Barn board HERE!
HERE
I had planned to share a few tutorials / posts last week... but that didn't happen, because of being down and out after being at the Dentist & Endodontist for a total of 4 and a half hours of mouth wide open discomfort within a week maybe if I am feeling inspired I will cram them all out in the coming 10 days! Needless to say I was more than eager to get back up and Running which I maybe should have re-considered considering the Ice... & that was all just a round-about way of saying I fell on the Ice, & am now sitting with my arm propped up as I type. While I may or may not need help styling my own hair & doing up my shoes, I am not about to let anything stop me from wrapping Christmas presents!
Glitter Reindeer Silhouette Tutorial HERE
Self Love Cultivated Through ; Self Love, The Process of Art, & An Attitude of Gratitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment