Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

DIY Confetti Bowl

I am absolutely in LOVE with all things glitter/sparkly or celebratory in any way - so it is no wonder that I had way to much fun on this DIY & am certain that it is one I will be pulling out in the future!
Upcy - DIY Confetti Bowl
 I have thought of so many ideas since on how I could switch this up and customize it so many different ways! There are SO many amazingly cute Confetti Companies out there now (especially on Etsy), you can seriously find little packages in just about any theme under the sun!! You can also make your own using a hole punch and craft paper. So it is something you can get super creative with! I just used a cheap (but still very cute) metallic rainbow confetti that I just had laying around - I'm pretty sure I had originally got it at The Dollar Store. 
This was definitely one of the projects that I could tell Cody was worried about - he would watch me night after night in somewhat horror - I don't know if this was over the mess or that he didn't think it would come out the way I had hoped expected.
 But to his & slightly my surprise (as this really is one of those projects that looks like an absolute disaster until the very last moment) it actually turned out pretty awesome - If I may graciously say myself ;)

What You Will Need: 
What You Will Need
  • Mod Podge/ Clear Drying Glue 
  • A Balloon 
  • A Vase
  • Confetti 
  • Sealant (Optional) You can find these at any craft supply store - My personal favourite is the spray on Mod Podge brand 
 It is a little bit time consuming - I made mine over the period of a week - doing just one layer a day when I found a free minute! 


  1. Blow up your Balloon and set it up using the Vase as a stand & paint on a generous coating of Mod Podge or Clear Drying Glue & sprinkle the confetti ALL OVER IT! Allow this to dry COMPLETELY (if you don't you will smush around the glue and confetti when trying to layer your next coat on top - or worse pop your balloon)! Shake of excess confetti and repeat this process several times! I did 6 coats of Clear Glue & Confetti & then sealed it with the Mod-Podge Sealant and found that to be an appropriate number of coats to achieve a strong stable bowl shape!
    It's such a beautifully messy process!
  2. Once the layering process is completed - POP THE BALLOON & gently remove it from the inside of the bowl, revealing for the first time your beautifully smooth confetti loveliness that is the inside of this bowl! You can either cut and shape the ouside edges of the bowl as I have or leave them naturally as they are! 
Upcy - DIY Confetti Bowl
                                           Thank you for reading & Remember to always 
Dream Big Sparkle More   Shine Bright
- Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment