Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

Kylie Jenner Inspired 90's Makeup

I know I am not the only person who has been swooning over Kylie Jenner's makeup lately! I love the 90's look - with nude & brown tones on the eyes, the flawless matte skin & of course her signature dark matte lip!! & though I am certainly not the first, I decided to do my best to re-create this look using (of course) Arbonne's vegan cosmetic line! 
Wearing this look today left me feeling nostalgic, & reminiscent of my childhood

Though this look is actually super simple (the eye look is created using only two shades of shadow) it is very flattering on most people, and can be worn in the day or night, in any season which I LOVE!! 



I am going to appologize in advance for the terrible photo quality - it was rainy & cloudy here to today of and on so despite trying my very hardest it was very difficult to get a picture using the same lighting!! For this reason, it was pretty much impossible to get quality pictures as I did my base & contouring - though you can find one I have shared in a previous tutorial HERE.
I also just wanted to note: that Kylie tends to leave the center of her face quite bright & keeps applies bronzer heaviest in the C-shape & outer portion of her cheek as you can see in the photo above. 

 The Eyes 

Step #1. After I applied my base - using a larger shadow brush, I applied primer to my eye - this will help with blending & also keep the shadow in place much longer! & then covered my entire lid with vanilla. 
please do not judge my eyebrows - they are currently under construction
Step(s) #2 & #3. I then swept chocolate across the outer 2/3 of my eye lid (sweeping from the inside out) right up to my brow bone & built up the darkness on the outside by layering it create a smokey/shadowed look. Using an angle brush i dragged the chocolate along the outer 2/3 portion of my bottom lash line and smudged it slightly. 
Step(s) #4 & #5. Apply a thin line of black liquid eyeliner along the top lash-line. You can extend this out a little past your natural lash-line to create longer/fuller looking lashes! Followed with two or three coats of It's a Long Story Mascara to both your top and bottom lashes. to avoid clumpy lashes - wait a few seconds  to allow your mascara to dry between coats. 

The Lippy 

My absolute favourite part of this look!
Step #1. Line your entire lip - I actually used what was intended as an eye pencil in shade plum, because I didn't have a dark enough lip liner on hand. Remember that makeup is about expression so feel free to play with different colours and textures!! 
Step #2. I applied Earth lipstick.
Step #3. using my finger I then dabbed on a touch of translucent powder to get that smooth matte look!!

If there is another makeup look you would like to see me to do, feel free to send an image my way, I always love hearing from you guys and getting your feedback!! 
Thank you so much for browsing I hope your week is off to a brilliant start!
&remember to always...
 Dream Big     Sparkle More      Shine Bright

2 comments:

  1. I love how you recreated her look - it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete