Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Never Ending Journey To Self Love. Part 2

A perfect Heart shaped leaf Cody spotted laying in the grass yesterday while we were out on a walk! 
I was blessed beyond measure in finding a man at a very young age who sees beauty and love in everything and everyone. 
I often get told that I'm a positive person, & truthfully this is a conscious decision I've made. Its something that I aim to choose for myself every second of the day, though if I'm being completely honest is definitely not something that comes easily to me! I struggle to overcome my depression & anxiety daily. Though I always strive to set happiness as my default mood.

I have learned over MANY years that I don't need to internalize everything that happens to me - though I cant always choose what happens in a day, I ALWAYS have the ability to choose how it effects me. 'The only difference between a good and bad day is your attitude' We all deal with both good and bad life experiences, but how we learn and grow from them will determine how many more good days you have than bad. 

Cody has inspired me in SO many ways over the past 7 and a half years I' ve been lucky enough to know and have him in my life; but the one that has made the largest impact & certainly means the world to me (pun intended) is the way he changed the way I view the world - to stop & smell, or even pick the flowers - that being spontaneous can be so freeing - that taking naps isn't un-productive when you're exhausted (& certainly helps my mood) - To wake up every morning with a feeling of gratitude & smile on your face - to follow your passion & dreams wherever they lead you - & to take every opportunity to spread love and happiness.

Even at my worst moments - though I am doing it for myself - I am never doing it by myself!  & That even though sometimes people may try to take advantage of your good nature, the MOST important thing is our intentions, regardless of how they were received.


“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.” - Iain Thomas 

Dream Big     Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment