Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

DIY Rag Wreath

Today I created this light and pretty Rag Wreath - Perfect to help welcome spring.
 & I decided to share a simple tutorial on how to make your own.
How To: 

You are going to want to begin with the basic up-cycled wreath shape that I use as a base for all of my wreaths. You can find a Step By Step Instruction on how to create that HERE. 
Once you have completed this shape you are going to cut / tear up a ton of fabric strips that are roughly 2-4" wide & about 10" long & I used 78 Strips to create my roughly 18" (internally) wide wreath. So depending on the size of wreath you are looking to make you may need more/less! 
Depending on how you want it to look - you could create a pattern use, one solid colour - the options are endless! I created mine using a bunch of fabric swatches/scraps that I had left after previous projects, I had varying amounts of each fabric so I kind of just went at it abstractly with no real pattern or design in mind & I am quite happy with how it turned out, though I have a feeling the adorable Elephant fabrics I used had something to do with that! 

Now here is where it gets even easier (if that is even possible). You are going to want to just start tying on your strips of fabric - securing them on the outer edge of the wreath with a double knot!
Continue adding, and building until the entire wreath is completely covered & the knots all line up snugly with no gaps/spaces! 
Once You're finished! You can hang it as is onto your door or wall using double sided foam adhesive tape like I did - Or feel free to dress it up with a ribbon & bow and hang it from wreath hook! 
Dream Big   Sparkle More   Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment