Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

DIY Christmas Hot Chocolate Bar

Creating a hot chocolate bar is slowly becoming one of the favourites of the new Traditions we have started around Christmas time! Cody & my love for chocolate is no secret & who wouldn't love to warm up next to one of these Yummy Bad Boys at this time of year.
 It would make the perfect addition to any Christmas Eve Celebrations!
Upcy Hot Chocolate Bar
 It is so simple to pull off and is always a hit with both kids and adults! I created my first one for a Christmas Cookie Exchange Party I held few years back just, using some mix & match holiday glasses & mason jars, I wasn't able to track down a photo of the actual Hot Chocolate Bar from that year, but I was able to find this shot of the incredibly minimal prep work!
_________________________________________________

This year I 'Sparkled Things Up A Bit' by adding glitter.
If you would like to re-create something Similar, All I did was Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge (or clear drying craft glue) using a paint brush in whatever shape OR pattern you would like your Sparkles to appear ( I chose to do a mix of lines and geometric designs to create a mixed finish!) Sprinkle on the Glitter & then repeat once more over top with the Mod Podge to seal it in & limit the glitter shed!
__________________________________________________


Have fun experementing with different toppings or even Hot Chocolate Recipes!
( Did you know that you can make a delicious & nutritious Hot Chocolate using Arbonne's Chocolate Protein Powder?
Simply mix 1 scoop of Arbonne Chocolate Protein Powder into 1cup of Almond Milk Heat & Enjoy!
Or that you can make it in a Crock Pot & just have it Hot & Ready All Day Long!?! I did that this year & it was a huge success & surprisingly (or maybe not) a LOT less work!!

I also experimented with a Hot Chocolate Cookie Recipe this year & was super happy with how they turned out - They actually taste like Hot Chocolate!
My Hot Chocolate Cookies Packaged in a DIY Holiday Mug
Okay back to the actual Hot Chocolate Bar Fill the Glasses with all of your favourite Hot Chocolate Toppings, set it with a Big Pot of Hot Chocolate & Enjoy!

Some of my & I am sure everyone's favourite toppings are:
photo from Pinterest
  • marshmallows ~ preferably Home Made & since I have no ability to make that happen I am grateful to have a friend who is!
  • cinnamon sticks 
  • crushed mint candies or Candy Canes
  • baked coconut shavings
  • whipped cream OR Whipped Coconut Cream (which I recommend you try if you haven't already)
  • & more chocolate 
Dream Big      Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment