Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

DIY Wax Leaf Wreath

Fall is one of my favourite seasons; while it marks the end of summer
which always breaks my heart,
it is also the start of all of the Holidays and my most inspired seasons! 
My mom wanted a New fall wreath which inspired me to bring in a bunch of leaves and preserve them with wax ~ which you can find the tutorial for HERE
& have been going a bit crazy creating with them 

What You Will Need :

~ Waxed Leaves
~ Hot Glue & Glue Sticks
~ Burlap Ribbon / Bow (optional)
~ Berry Branches (optional)
~ Vine Wreath ~ I have to give credit to my Dad for saving this wreath despite the fact that everyone in the Family thought it belonged in the trash!

How To :
Step 1. If you will be choosing to add a bow it is best to place it on the wreath where you want in (without attaching it) as a reference.
Step 2. Using your Hot Glue Gun very sparingly begin attaching the leaves to your wreath.
Step 3. Continue on with this process overlapping them slightly to ensure the wreath is covered.
Step 4. Continue until you are happy, whether you want the entire wreath covered or just a portion.
Step 5. Attach the Bow again using your Hot Glue Gun
.
Step 5. You can gently tuck Berry Branches in between the leaves for more dimension.

Gratitude Is The Best Attitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment