Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2018

A Time Traveling Love Story By: kvphotography for Sheila's Bombshell Vintage

Back in June I collaborated with the Lovely Kaylee from kvphotography, for a Phenomanal Localy owned (Merrickville) Shop Sheila's Bombshell Vintage. The owner Sheila was just lovely. She was so welcoming and showcased her phenomenal eye, careful detail, and talent for Vintage Styling with each look she choose.

The Models I had the pleasure to work with for this Shoot were Alexandra Stobo, Max Dems, & Cody Humble. Which was truly a joy. Each one of them is beaming with talent, joy, and passion to chase their dreams & goals!

I have worked with Kaylee many times in the past (If you are New to the Blog // don't know me personally - I often have the pleasure of working with her doing Cosmetic Styling for Boudoir & Family/Couples Photography Sessions). But this time was a little different, as I was on the other side of the leans. She is so talented & we always have a blast working together!
I truly feel like I left with amazing New Friends. I am so grateful for the experience, & it was wonderful to get to experience this along side my love, Cody.
 To have these memories & photos to cherish for years to come!




I just wanted to share how interesting an experience it was to travel through these eras of womens fashion.  I couldn't help but note how the clothing felt as restrictive as the times were for women. Between the crinolines, the high heels, & the tiny hats, the cinched waists, it was very difficult to move around with ease.  I kept trying to fathom what it would have been like to try and  do the house work & daily chores dressed this way. It blows my mind to think that the women of these eras were able to get as much done as they did.  
[Don't get me wrong - A Tea length A-line is my absolute favourite dress design]

Putting on a dress from the 70s was such a Freeing feeling after just one day spent in the clothes of eras past (the heat lending a hand in the comparison). It makes me imagine the feeling the women who came before me must have felt during this time. Not just the cuts but the fabrics were more breathable and easier to move! I think this feeling of freedom within the fashion is something we all were feeling, just look at he photos from that era compared to the ones prior! 
Free Love ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment