Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

DIY 'You Are My Sunshine' Spring/Easter Wreath

Hello & Happy Spring (I made the decision on the 1st day of Spring to be obnoxiously oblivious to the fact that there are still snowbanks & go on about my days living as though mother nature hadn't made the decision to  extend our winter.. in hopes that she may take the hint)
I apologize, I have been kind of slacking on Posts - particularly Up-cycle Tutorials! I have been SO BUSY working on a bunch of things (behind the scenes) and planning collaborations for upcoming Projects and Giveaways! Tomorrow I will be sharing my first product review on what I believe is a Revolution in nail products!! I wont give any details yet - you will have to keep your eyes peeled, but I will say that I am SOO excited for what Spring & Summer have in store & to share it all with you; because I would never have been given any of the opportunities I have, if not for all of you guys and the support you give me - so Thank YOU♥!!
Here is something I was working on today I'm calling it the 'You Are My Sunshine' Wreath - Sorry I don't have more (or better quality .. it's was like 7pm aka PITCH BLACK) pictures of this - But when I started, I didn't intent on posting a tutorial but Cody (my amazingly supportive partner in crime - seriously thought not many men would agree to having their home transformed into my Upcy Shop aka Glitter Factory on a daily biases (because lets be honest my messes can never contained in just one room)) & a friend of his both really liked it & thought it was worth sharing with you all, so here it is!!
DIY Spring & Easter Wreath
What You Will Need:

  1. Recycled Cardboard 
  2. Pencil
  3. Scissors 
  4. Clothespins (I used about 30 for mine)
  5. A hot glue gun & glue sticks
  6. Paint
  7. A paint brush
  8. Ribbon

Step #1. Draw out the shape of your base (you can see what I mean by this in any of the pictures I added) on your scrap of cardboard (mine has an outer diameter of  11" & the diameter of the inner circle is 6.5") -  (Another option if you would prefer to trace this -  a dinner plate is roughly the right size for the outer shape and a tea saucer will work for the center) 

Step #2. Carefully cut out what will be the base of your Wreath!

Step #3. Collect up your clothespins and arrange them around your base-shape until you are satisfied with the spacing! 

Step #4. Using your hot glue gun begin adhering the clothespins!

Step #5. Once that has been completed, get your paint on!! I chose a super bright matte yellow/green to make a big impact!! 
I like to use Garbage bags as the base for small art project like this - I figure they are invented with the sheer purpose of being THROWN AWAY - so why not put them to a bit of use before hand?!

Step #6. Loop a Ribbon through the center, Tie a Bow, & Display on your front door like I have loaded with Spring & Easter Cards, or you can design it to accent a room in your house & fill it up with pictures or use it as a DREAM BOARD (now there's an idea)!!

  Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment