Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Favourite Makeup Trends for Spring 2014- Radiant Skin, A Bold Cat Eye, & Bright Berry Lips

In Spring; The Earth Laughs with Flowers 

Spring Makeup & Flower Crown by: Jennie Matthie
 I am seeing so many varying trends for spring 2014 - everything from nudes to extreme bold colours on both the eyes and lips. however a few things I am seeing across the board is flawless radiant skin, paired with a natural eyebrow (I must admit; personally I am so happy to see this trend come back around, to me there is nothing worse than seeing a brow that has been lucked/waxed to the bone, it's not my favourite look ) (though I must admit I once had a plucking mishap in college & at an attempt to "even things up" ... you know what I am talking about ladies i ended up leaving myself with a lot less brow than I ever intended) - but to each there own, if you like a super thin/refined eyebrow than I say rock what ever makes you feel the most confident!
  I decided that since there was so much going on for trends this Spring that I would pick a few of my favorites  and show you how you can achieve the look using exclusively Arbonne's vegan Cosmetics!
YESS you can in fact get amazing quality, high pigment makeup without having to endorse the animal cruelty industry! Seriously if you haven't done so already I BEG you to look into the testing procedures used by the companies that produce the products you buy  and be sure that it is in fact something you want to Support!! 
 Never allow the current trends to dictate your entire style - Not every trend works for everyone, I like to play with a few different makeup looks/trends and see which ones I like/feel best in. I find that there are a few 'tricks' or techniques that work well for me and suit me best ( I will share my 'everyday make-up look in the near future) and so I just switch up little details with the seasons, for special events or whenever I feel like doing something a little different. For me make-up has always been about self-expression!!
 I am absolutely obsessed with flower crowns, of all shapes and sizes! I have been just dying to incorporate one into a post somehow and could not think of a better more suiting time than now. This one is made of hemp & daisies which just so happen to be Kelsie's ( my beautiful model) favouite flower.. & does she ever look gorgeous crowned in them - can you say meant to be?!?!
Kelsie Coughlan Modeling Trends for Spring 2014  Radiant Skin, A Bold Cat Eye, & Bright Berry Lips

Always start your make-up with a really good moisturizer - Arbonne's Calm is always my Go-To!!
I applied Arbonnes Makeup Primer (you just need one pump of all their products, remember less is more & do not over apply)

I Followed this with Perfecting Liquid Foundation with SPF 15 .  I used the Sheer-glow highlighter, &  Perfecting Liquid Foundation in a slightly darker shade to highlight and contour. - If you are looking for tips/a step by step on this see the Chart posted in  Pretty in Pink & Bombshell! The Perfect Valentines Makeup Tutorials - Using Exclusively Arbonne Cosmetics
I did a super simple two-tone eye shadow - using 'Petal' (which is a pale pink) in the inner half of the eyelid sweeping it outward across the lid. As well as 'Smoke' in the crease of her eye. I highlighter her tear duct, and brow bone with the Sheer Glow highlighter as well. (this is one of my absolute favourite combinations  for everyday wear - one you will catch me in about 70% of the time!!) 
Here is where I started to switch things up with a bold Cat Eye - This look is achieved by lining your ENTIRE eye - inlcuding the lower lash line, and your tear duct - this is what will create that super dramatic and very exotic effect! You can take it a step further by continuing the liner out into a wing/ draw out the tear duct to really open your eye and create a super BOLD statement. I followed this with two coats of It's A Long Story Mascara, and skipped the false lashes because honestly... this girl DOES NOT need them in the slightest!!
I finished off the ENTIRE look with a super Bright Berry Lip using 'Candy' Lipstick which in-case you hadn't noticed is my absolute favourite lipstick.. & for good reason, it honestly just brightens your entire face! I curled her hair using my straightener to give her that tasseled/beachy look & finished the look off with the Daisy Flower Crown!!
( If interested, you can get your own by e-mailing jennie@matthie.ca & I will invoice you or view them and more of my Up-cycled creations at @Upcyshop on Instagram). 

A HUGE thank you to Kelsie for all of her help!
 We had such an awesome time, pampering and catching up today!! & because I can't resist sharing... 
Here is a few more pictures of her looking like something out of a fairy tale!!  


"Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in here eyes and flowers in her hair" 

Dream Big Sparkle More   Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment