Search This Blog

Monday, June 16, 2014

Natural Glowing Prom Makeup

 This past weekend I had the pleasure of doing Hillary's makeup for Prom! We spent the day together, getting her hair done, doing her makeup, chatting (which if you knew us wouldn't come as a shock) & watching Step Brothers (one of our favourites)!

Hillary is such naturally beautiful girl, with most perfect Porcelain skin! She doesn't typically wear any make-up & so we went for a SUPER natural polished 'country'/'girl next door' inspired look! 

Get The Glow
Step 1.  I prepped her entire face with the Makeup Primer; 
Step 2. Then applied the Perfecting Liquid Foundation in Shade Porcelain. 
Step 3. Using both Bronzer & Sheer Glow Highlighter - I did some light contouring & highlighted her cheekbones & eyes/eyebrows. 
Step 4. Translusently Setting Powder - ( Not everyone uses a setting powder - & to be honest before trying this one I didn't either... but I adore this one & really finds it does the job of keeping my makeup in check -& with it calling for rain that afternoon I wanted to make sure that her makeup did just that) 

Her Eye is a super simple but super fun & on trend for Summer2014 !
Step 1. I first applied Peace (a slightly metallic white) from the Heart Of Gold Pallet to her entire eyelid 
Step 2. I then swept Sand dune in the crease to create a slight shadowing.
Step 3. I lined her upper lash line with Liquid Liner
Step 4. I applied the Sheer Glow Highlighter to below her brows (as mentioned above) as well as in the inside corner of her eye to really open those puppies up!
& Finished the look with two coats of It's A Long Story Mascara on just the top lashes I find this really lifts and opens your eyes up!

Step 1. The Lip was done using Vintage Rose Lipstick 
Step 2. I highlighted her cupids-bow using Sheer Glow Highlighter.



I hope that all of the Graduates this year had an AMAZING time celebrating this Milestone! 
& the non graduates this year like myself  spent some time reminiscing being at our own Proms/ Convocations that feel like just yesterday...
The future is filled with opportunities to learn, to grow, and to realize your dreams! 
Dream Big     Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment