Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Coral Orange is the new Red Lipstick

One MAJOR trend I have been seeing everywhere for Summer 2014 is Coral orange (even bright peachy) tones in lipsticks paired with white Eye shadow and or Eyeliner!  I’m a huge fan of this look for a few reasons #1 it is flattering on all skin tones (though seriously what shade wouldn't look good with this girls gorgeous glowing tan) #2 its SUPER simple and fast look that makes a big impact  & #3 there is so many variations of the shade - don't be freaked out by this shade of lipstick - You just need to find the right color for you & it will be your new go to for Summer!
 Coral Orange is the new Red Lipstick

Keep in mind when you are trying to incorporate the 'current trends' whether it be in fashion or makeup be sure that you are doing it in a way that is going to be flattering and don't be scared to play around and have fun with it so that it suits you! - this is your face after all so if you are going to wear makeup never use it to cover up or hide behind but instead as a way to express your true self! 

I prepped Houston with Arbonne's Makeup Primer, Perfecting Liquid Foundation in shade Golden Beige & then contoured using the Sheer Glow Highlighter & Bronzer for step by step instruction on how to do the base for your makeup & a supper crummy pictorial on how to do this can be found HERE!

Houston has an incredible tan she kind of blurst my bubble I thought I had mad colour but next to her I looked like the white pages of my note pad  so I decided to go with a white that had a bit of a gold undertone to it & I think it came out awesome! This shade is Warmth out of the Heart Of Gold eye shadow palette. Frost or Snow are a few other white shadows by Arbonne that would also work to achieve a similar look. 

This is a ONE shadow look - SUPER SIMPLE! Simply sweep the white shadow across the lid using a shadow brush, I continued this along her lower lash line to really open up her bright eyes!! & then I just finished with a thin line of liquid eye liner in black a half set of natural false lashes to give her those sweet batting lashes & went wild with it's a long story Mascara!! 

I finished off this look with Coral Reef lipstick I have been swooning over this colour all spring and summer and have been dying to do a Tutorial featuring it & it finally happened! YAY!! 



 I had such a blast with her & her fiance - such a beautiful couple and both just awesome, positive incredibly lighthearted people to be around! Aaron made snapping naturally happy 
pictures of her a cinch! 
Thank you so much to the strikingly beautiful Houston for allowing me to share your pictures!
Happy #MakeupMonday & remember to always 

Dream Big     Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment