Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

DIY Beach Blanket Bag

Beach Blanket Bag By: Upcy
I made this entirely Upcycled Beach Blanket Bag & I absolutely LOVE it! 
It is perfect to leave packed up with all of your Summer/Beach essentials by the door, or in the car - It makes those spontaneous beach trips much easier!!  

I made it using - 2 old towels, a pillow, pillow case, a few buttons & my sewing kit!
This isn't going to be a typical tutorial - because to be honest, I sort of just made do of what I had laying around the house - & would encourage you to do the same.  For that reason when you make your own, I am sure your item's will vary slightly; But I will share some tips & the steps I took to create mine!

I started by sewing together tow (very old mis-matched) towels end - to end.

I then folded one end over & sewed down the sides - creating a pouch for my pillow 

(I would recommend measuring your towel/pillow or if you feel confident enough, just eyeball it to see how deep you will want your pocket)

After inserting the pillow, I attached several buttons to make it removable and washable! 


I also attached a few buttons at the very end - to secure it (closed) once wrapped up into bag form.


The strap & front pocket's were made of the fabric from one Pillow Case! 


I just cut off the bottom of the pillow case to create the pocket(s) shape & sewed it, to divide it into three smaller pockets. lastly & the strap was created using what was left!! 


It was a little bit tedious (but also great practice) hand sewing the whole thing & certainly could be made much simpler and faster using a sewing machine!
Beach Blanket Bag By: Upcy 
Beach Blanket Bag By: Upcy 
Thank you for browsing &  I hope that you got a chance to get out and enjoy the gorgeous sunshine this weekend. & remember to always 
Dream Big     Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment