Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Up-cycled Organization - & DIY Chalkboard Paint Recipe

Over the past month I have been attempting to get organized & one of the very first areas we desperately needed to tackle was our Craft Room / Office. It has become something of a dumping ground for all things unfinished or that don't seem to belong anywhere else!
Over the next few weeks / through out the month of March I will be attempting to keep ORGANIZATION as the theme for all of my posts. - trying out something new - to me anyways - that I have been seeing quite a few of the other bloggers in my life doing.

First on my To Do List was to find a way to both organize my art supplies - while still keeping them very accessible . In the past I have attempted to pack away all of my art supplies into boxes, or drawers - and while I do find this looks very neat and tidy - it is next to impossible for me to actually keep up with - It's very rare that I finish a project in one sitting - and I often have a handful of different things going on at once - so packing everything up at the end of the day isn't always  possible!
I think that this new DIY Up-cycled Mason Jar Organization system will be much more practical & easier to maintain!
I started off by just washing-up some of the different sized mason /glass jars I had laying around - this is also a great little way to up-cycle any old Bath & Body Works Candles! 
If there is glue-residue left on your Glass it can be removed very easily using a scrub brush/sponge and a dab of rubbing alcohol. 

I added these cute Chalkboard labels - The more traditional labels are from the Dollerama & the hearts I actually purchased last year leading up to Valentines Day from Target. 

I also made some DIY Chalkboard Paint, which I used to paint the lids off some of the smaller containers! & chances are you already have EVERYTHING you need to make it yourself!
Below I have shared the Recipe of how you can to make you own Chalkboard paint for a fraction of the cost!I seriously still can't get over how easy & in-expensive it was to make! 
You can bet that this wont be the last!

DIY Chalkboard Paint Recipe 

1 cup latex paint (of ANY Colour)

1 tbsp. of Unsanded Grout.

Mix Extremely Well & Paint!

Dream Big   Sparkle More   Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment