Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2015

At Home Spa Guide

Iv'e said it before & I'll say it again, self care & putting in the proper time and effort is incredibly important. Not just for improving Self Esteem, but also Personal Health. 


This was a very difficult concept for me to grasp & to be honest is still something I struggle with. It is easy to fall into a pattern for ourselves of thinking 'I have to do This, This, & This before I can focus on caring for myself'. - It may sound backwards but this is actually a very ego-lead mindset. I know those of us who are guilty of it do it with the best of intentions, but the truth is - taking care of yourself FIRST (in whatever form that takes) will actually make you stronger mentally and physically to tackle whatever is next on your list! 


One of the things that I like to do to unwind after a long day or Power Charge before a Big week ahead is to create an At Home Spa. 

Below I have shared my At Home Spa Routine, as well as a few of my absolute favourite Spa Products & if you're interested, direct links of where you can find them. 

Plan Ahead / Set Up: 
Don't rush through the process. You want to create an at home experience that is very much Spa Like - Once you have planned your day, be sure to prepare for it. Nothing will ruin a relaxing state of mind faster than realizing you forgot to bring towels into the bathroom, or having run out of cotton balls!


Comfort Items : 

For me that list includes, a Robe, Slippers, Calming Music, & a Great Candle.  Whatever it may be that is going to make YOU feel Pampered and relaxed! Setting the proper 'mood' of environment is a very important aspect if you truly want to achieve that Spa quality relaxation! 

I have recently fallen in love with Scentsy My Go To relaxing scent / bar is 'Beach'; it takes me right back to those gorgeous white sandy beaches in Cuba. 



Digital Detox : 



These day's having your phone on you at all times is pretty much expected, and with the constant flow of new information & social media, & being able to get in touch with someone or them you at anywhere. anytime can be both wonderful and horrifying, at least to me! It can be difficult to find the right balance, of knowing when to be online & when to 'Un Plug' from it all.

& if none of that rings true for you, than in keeping with the true Spa feeling -- Most Spa's DO NOT allow Cell Phones.


Draw an Infused Hot Bath : 
Draw a Hot Bath and infuse the water with Epsom salts, a Bath Bomb or whatever you prefer to take your bath to the next level! My routine changes up a little bit from the morning to night - I like to switch it up between Unwind Bath Salts Asomassentials & Awaken Sea Salt Scrub  Aromassentials depending on the time of day / what I am trying to achieve with my Spa time. 

Hair & Body Mud Mask / Facial :

As far as Masks are concerned, my all time favourite when it comes to the Face, Body or Hair are Sea Mud Masks! I am obsessed; the Sea-Mud Face & Body Mask is so gentle and yet effectively draws out impurities from the skins surface & the marine botanicals leave the skin feeling smooth, hydrated & firm! For the Hair - Fortifying Hair Mask (both by Arbonne) "The Sea is full of strength & with this Mask, your hair will be too!" As stated on the website "A blend of the ocean's most potent botanicals fortifies hair against the environment and harsh climates." 

The Arbonne Ultimate Facial is an absolute life changer & a more detailed / Step By Step post on this will be coming soon to the Blog as well. 
Moisturize & Massage: 
Moisturizing the skin with a good quality Moisturizer or Natural Oil after a Bath or Shower is a great way to lock in moisture!  [Avoid anything with 'Petroleum' (Petroleum jelly etc.) as it acts as a Barrier on the skin preventing ANY of the nourishing ingredients to penetrate into the skin. ( If you don't believe this to be true, think back to doing art projects such as Plaster Face Masks, when you would smear Petroleum Jelly ALL OVER our faces to prevent the plaster from adhering to our skin).] 

When It comes to At Home Massages a Good Massage Oil Or Gel can make a world of difference! Our absolute favourite to use on everything from aches, pains, & sore muscles after a work out, to Joint or back pain, strains, sprains and arthritis is a Herbal Massage Gel which is also by Arbonne (A Major SHOCK I'm sure).

At Home Mani:
I had previously shared a list of some tips & tricks on how to achieve the Perfect at Home Manicures & Pedicures, if you are interested in checking those out as well you can find the posting HERE.

Mood Mists & Essential Oil(s): 
Both are wonderful for both your Skin & Mood! I never really was into Perfume as the un-natural / chemical fragrances always seemed to give me a Headache, but these Rejuvenating Body Sprays in Both Awaken & Unwind are two things I seriously can't  Would rather not, go a day without! They are made using essential oils, fruits, & natural botanicals. The Awaken for Example is made using coriander for vitality and lemon for happiness! Which means that I get to smell beautiful without the sneezing fits or headaches!

As far as Essential Oils Go - I am by no means an expert, I am still very much learning which ones I like best / how to use them in a way that gives me the most benefits! 
But one thing I do know is that they work for me & I absolutely encourage you to try some out & experiment with them if it is something you have been considering! Some of the ones I have tried and liked or am using now are: Geranium, Lavender, &Chamomile.
I am hoping to have More on this Topic coming soon As well!

Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment