Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Top 10 Favourite Spring Summer Lipsticks 2015

I have always had a Love for Bright & Bold Lipsticks, & in the past my body didn't always love me for this! I always found the perfume smells added, gave me a headache due to how close they were to my nose, my lips were always dry, chapped, and peely. (Not a real word - I'll never claim to be a Linguist). I grew up listening to my father who would go on Tangent after Tangent about animal by products, cancer causing chemicals & even LEAD (growing up on an old farm, this was a pretty scary word in our house) in almost ALL the cosmetics being marketed to women! Needless to say, I refused to listen & would frequent the discount bin or even Dollarama in my adolescence for Cosmetics... I can be very stubborn at times it would appear; as it took me having to discover the truth of cosmetic ingredients myself, first hand to truly grasp what my father had been trying to teach me all my life! Then came ARBONNE ~ A Pure, Safe, Gluten Free, Kosher, & Certified vegan cosmetic brand that works to not only deliver gorgeous results but actually nourishes your skin while you wear it!! As described on the Website " Naturally derived plant extracts help plump the apperance of lip texture, volume, and shape, while also hydrating and softening" & that "Sublime lips start with our moisturizing formula that smooths on long-wearing, luxurious color. Infused with fruit extracts for lip-volumizing effects and to-the-max hydration. Smooth, satin-glossy finish." I was pretty stunned myself that after applying - washing off - & re-applying 10 different lipsticks over the course of an hour or so to capture these photo's my lips felt better than ever - which not even I was expecting.
Below I have shared my Top 10 Fav Spring & Summer Lipsticks, as well as my current favourite Lip Liner & Lip Gloss!

Pink(s)
1. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Guava
2. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Peony
3. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Camellia
4.  Lip Liner ~ Tulip 
&
5. Glossed Over Lip Gloss ~ Mimosa
I lined just the outer edges of my lips with Tulip Lip Liner & Applied Mimosa Lip Gloss to my entire Lip.
I have NEVER been a big fan of Lip Gloss, I have always found it felt gross, didn't last long enough to be worth the while, not to mention most are filled with nasty chemical ingredients. Arbonne's newly launched Line of Vegan Lip Gloss has certainly evolved - This combination is my new Daily Go To. As stated on their website 'Plant (Watermelon) extracts & peptides leave lips feeling quenched and intensely moisturized for a smooth-looking, plumped-up pucker. Beauty bliss.' & also comes with their own professional quality brush - whats not to love about that?!

 Red(s)
6. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Poppy
7. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Currant
Nude / Mauve (s)
My lips are naturally quite red, which in the past had always made finding Nude / Lighter Coloured Lipsticks that would actually cover quite difficult if not impossible without applying a heavy dose of Concealer as a Base. - These Lipsticks are incredibly highly pigmented! The colour(s) below were applied straight over my natural lip (NO BASE or PRIMER) just to show how well they really do cover! This also comes in handy when trying to outline/over line your lip!
8. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Magnolia
9. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Willow
Bold
10. Smoothed Over Lipstick ~ Aster
A Fruit themed DIY as well as something a little more personal is coming up this week!
I hope you are enjoying your Long Weekend & Remember to ALWAYS...

  • Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment