Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Lacey Casselman talks All Things Hair

Hey everyone! My name is Lacey Casselman and I am a certified hair stylist. I always knew I wanted to be a hair stylist ever since I was a little girl and my mom owned a hair salon in our home where I was always eager to help out and watch whenever I could. In high school I attended updo competitions and did my cooperative education placement at the same salon I still work at called Total Image. I started my apprenticeship right when I was done high school, worked for a year, and than decided to go to St. Lawrence College in Brockville for the hair styling course to get more hands on learning.

When I was done school I wrote my license right away as I already had my hours banked from starting my apprenticeship early. I have been a licensed hair stylist for four years now and have attended a wide range of advanced paid for classes on everything to do with hair such as blow drying with the Fi team, updo classes, an advanced mens cutting course, colour classes and different cutting techniques. Another dream of mine (as silly as it sounds) was to be a mom. In between high school and college I got married to the man of my dreams and we had 2 daughters named Grace and Ruby.

Being a hair stylist is extremely gratifying knowing that I made someone feel better about themselves when they leave my chair and being a mother is the same. Knowing the effort I put in on a daily basis can influence my daughters lives; I try my hardest to be the best mom and hair stylist that I can be.
My favourite "Hair Trend" for summer 2015 is the sun-kissed balyage hilights. 
This is a before and after picture of my client Rebecca where I added balyage (hand-painted) hilights to go with her layered haircut. 
It's very low maintenance as when it grows out it will still give a natural feel and won't have a re growth line at your roots. Doing the sun kissed balyage hilights will help brighten up your all over colour and add dimension to your haircut.

BEFORE
Sun-Kissed Balyage Hilights
By: Lacey Casselman Model: Rebecca
AFTER
Sun-Kissed Balyage Hilights 
By: Lacey Casselman Model: Rebecca
My favourite hair product right now is Dry Wax by KMS California. Dry Wax retails for $18.85 plus tax."Achieve a perfectly undone look with tousled definition, flexible hold, and a matte finish." I love using Dry Wax after ive just curled a clients hair and want to mess it up to get a textured loose wave with hold and no shine. Like this picture:



HAIR TIPS:


  • For best volume results, when your hair is wet coming out of the shower, blowdry your hair at roots opposite way that you normally part it. Blowdrying the hair the opposite way at the roots will allow the hair to dry with more volume when flipped back over. Dry 80-90% before round brushing. It will save you tons of time, and your arm to not hurt before you are done!
  • If you have frizzy hair, when straightening, curve your straightener in slowly going down the hair shaft and than when you get back at the ends go back straight. This will help by tucking in your frizz!
  • If your having a greasy hair day and dont have time to wash your hair... baby powder is a great alternative! sprinkle some of the baby powder in your hands, than rub it in your roots all over your head. This will suck up the grease and give it a matte finish. *Dont put too much baby powder on especially if you have dark coloured hair because you will see the powder on your roots. (If you do put too much keep rubbing with your fingers to work it in)

Wether your looking for a precision haircut, a bright or funky colour, regrowth touch up, or even just a great blowout/style for the day you can call

613-342-2442 and ask for Lacey & I would be so happy to do your hair. 
If you mention to me that you have read this blog you will recieve 10% off

your services

We are located at 7712 Kent Boulevard in Brockville and we offer many different services from hair, esthetics and even tanning!

Here is a link to my facebook page where I always add new pictures of hair that I have done and keep you updated on specials in our salon HERE
Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment