Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

CANADA DAY Inspiration & DIY Beaded Fringe Crop Top

Canada Day is right around the corner & I have slowly started to prepare by digging out all of my red & white dishes, decorations, & of course clothing! 
I have shared a Tutorial on the DIY Canada Day Top, as well as my tablescape from Last Year's Canada Day Celebrations.
Check back in a few days to catch this years!
Downtown Ottawa Canada - Canada Day 2014.
DIY Beaded Fringe Crop Top (scroll down to bottom for DIY tutorial)
Custom silk & satin floral headpiece: By: Nixie Available for purchase through the Upcy Shop.
This was something I woke up and did frantically decided to do the morning of Canada Day. Hung a  Red & White Tassel Garland, & drew a quick mini art 'print' which you can't really see in this photo (which in the only one I snapped that day) it says "Keep Calm & Love Canada". I painted a pair of Red & White recycled glass bottles that I used to stick the Sparklers & Paper Straws into, added a lantern candle, a table runner & some coloured napkins all of which I already had laying around the apartment. As far as food / drink goes I kept it super simple, wine & some home made cookies in cute little Red & White paper cuplets!

DIY Beaded Fringe Crop Top

What You Will Need: 


~ A Tank Top / T-shirt 
~ Mixed beads
~ Scissors 

DIY Beaded Fringe Crop Top

DIY Beaded Fringe Crop Top
(I apologize for the complete lack of photos)
Step #1. Starting off with A Tank Top, OR by trimming the sleeves & neck off an old T-shirt.

Step #2. Using a sharp pair of scissors & beginning at one of the side seams start cutting strips from the bottom of your top, up (however high you wish your Crop to be) about an inch apart - the fabric will stretch and thin out, so be sure to not cut your strips to fine.
Continue this process around the entirety of your top.

Step #3. Once your slits have been cut you will want to go back through and individually trim the bottom seem line of the top off each fringe strip. (I know you are probably thinking that this would have made more since/ been easier to do prior to cutting the fringe but leaving it intact until after will give you a better shape to follow when cutting & prevents your top from twisting or rolling up/out of shape) As somewhat shown in the photos above.

Step #4. Pull gently on each strand & string on your beads! (The ones I used & pictured below are ones I have had since the 90's & were SO HARD to find for a period, but now you can pretty much find them at ANY Dollar or Craft store.) Just as a reference I added 4 per fringe but you can put as many as you'd like!
Keep Calm Love Canada 
Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment