Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

DIY Door Mat


 Well Fall is here... like as of yesterday!

Summer was slow to come...
& Slow to go which i am very grateful for!

With Fall comes my weird - pre-hibernation nesting stage (do other people go through this I feel like my habits change with the seasons & Fall is always one of: Suzy Homemaker with a dash of Frantic Cleaning Lady. 

I was feeling like our front door could use some switching up // a cozier fall feel 
I got as a much larger shoe-storage for all of the boots & bulkier winter footwear & put out a basket full of hats and mittens. Then I sat down on the floor... right in front of the door...like in that stupid spot where if you sit there you are liable to get shmucked when the door inevitably opens & painted a mat that I picked up at the Dollar Store Poetry Club Snaps Dollerama Home Organization Section!
This isn't so much a Tutorial ; it's pretty self explanatory. So ill share what you need & then skip the step by step & share some photos I took.
& if a picture is truly worth a 1000 words then get ready for my 7000 word Tutorial!

What You Will Need:
  • A Mat 
  • Paint Brush(s) 
  • Acrylic Paint (black)

DIY Summer Door Mat
(updated June 2018)
Doughnut
Popsicle
 Dilly Bar
 Fruit
 Philodendron
A few of my favorite things welcoming me home!

No comments:

Post a Comment