Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

DIY Pom Pom Heels


Long Weekend's have a way of making the weeks fly by, It's already hump day!
I made these DIY Pom Pom shoes as a gift to myself for my Birthday. 
I actually saw a pair of shoes that inspired these by Steve Madden that were entirely out of my price range for a pair of fuzzy pom pom shoes that I would likely wear one time and adventure so hard that the Pom Poms got wet or dirty leaving them forever ratty looking & likely reaming in the back of my closet for the rest of our time together! 
This is when the Idea to DIY my own at a fraction of the cost busted to mind. I already had the black heels & get a fair amount of wear out of them at work on a day to day bases. The fact that I was still wearing them as they were & the aforementioned cautionary tale in mind I decided to make the Pom Pom's remove-able!

What You Will Need:


  • Heels
  • Pom Poms [these are actually hair ties, but they are ideal as they come in a pack of two]
  • 2 Bobbi Pins
  • A piece of card stock / paper
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue


How To:
Step 1. Begin by sliding your Bobbi Pins onto the piece of card stock - this will act as a barrier insuring that it does not become glued together.

Step 1.5 Eat something tasty.

Step 2. Apply a small amount of hot glue to the side of the Bobbi Pin that is beveled.

Step 3. Secure a Pom Pom to the Top of each Bobbi Pin

Step 4. Slide Bobbi Pins onto the front of your shoe & you're celebration steppin'!

Self Love Cultivated Through ; Self Love, The Process of Art, & An Attitude of Gratitude 

No comments:

Post a Comment