Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Halloween Decorations, Costume & Party Preparations!

Halloween Decorations & Party Preparations - Upcy
With today being the first of October I decided to share a little Halloween decoration prep, Party planning and inspiration! This is one of my absolute favourite months of the year, my Birthday, Thanksgiving & Halloween, Lots of time spent with Family & Friends, Amazing FRESH Food, & certainly no shortage of sweet treats, what's not to love!?
For most people is seems to feel like the beginning of the years end, for me  it always gives me that feeling of turning the page, a Fresh Starts! & has me itching to take on.start something new!
I can remember when I was little, As SOON as the Costumes started to make their way into Stores, my brothers & I would be at my Mom to drag out the MASSIVE Tickle-Trunk like Box filled with various costumes & funny old clothes collected & saved from years prior (despite this collection I remember my mom taking us out every year to get a new costume or in my case as a child, switch out anything that needed from my almost steady streak as a Princess!!) We or at-least I would spend pretty much every day after school dressing up in various costumes, Halloween wasn't just a one night thing for us!!
Though my love for anything old and tattered is fairly obvious I tend to navigate towards the more natural or even bright colours paired with a LOT of neutrals in my Day to Day life, in almost all aspects from Home Decor to Makeup & Fashion, but I do have an almost secret obsession with Dark/Gothic so I pretty much jump on the opportunity at this little window of time when extreme Creepiness' is socially acceptable! 

As you can see/read I plan on DIYing ALL of my decorations, I have shared a few of the different textures I plan to use (though I don't want to give away my intentions with them just yet). Lots of cob & spider webs.  Black on Black EVERYTHING with little touches of orange & white thrown in & of course a tun of Chocolate & homemade treats!!!
Though I wouldn't say I have my theme completely finalized, - which is fine because I still have weeks worth of Horror Movies & Halloween Specials ahead of me to help spark my creativity & imagination; Below I have shared my mini Inspiration Board so far.  I am so excited to share the DIY Decorations, & Halloween Makeup tutorials & ideas I have been working on with you guys this month!! 


I'll close this post with a beautiful picture, Welcoming Fall - shot by the lovely and talented Julia owner of Julia Patrick Photography that features a custom Tassel Garland by yours truly that you can find listed on the UpcyShop.
Julia Patrick Photography
Get Out & take advantage of the beautiful Fall weather we have been having while it's here & Remember to...

Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment