Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Simple & Easy DIY Paint Projects to Update Your Decor for Halloween.

Halloween is one of my favouite Holidays to decorate for (of course nothing can top Christmas) It is the perfect time to think outside the box and experiment with different ideas! 
Though some people find paint to be one of the messier choices, Cody insists this is NOT the case, As unlike glitter it washes off of the walls and carpet... 

Though this can all be avoided if you lay down a sheet of plastic or a cut open plastic bag or some old paper though I prefer something plastic as there is no risk of the paint seeping through! 
It is a very cost effective way to re-use those old glass bottles (or various other house hold items) you have laying around and with just a quick coat of pain turn them into a creative decorations for Any occasion. I am going to share a few of the different Halloween Ideas I tried this year, as well as a few tried & true!

Simple & Easy DIY Paint Projects to Update Your Decor for Halloween. 

Devil & Angel Pillow Cases:

Using any Pillow Case of your choice (I recommend white OR a sold colour) begin by laying it flay out on your table and place a piece of card-stock a plastic bag inside to insure no colour seeps through the layers of fabric. I would suggest first gently drawing this out with a pencil so you can make any corrections needed. Then using a black Paint Pen (I am absolutely obsessed with these btw - they work so much better than a sharpie and has much more control than a paint brush!) trace over your picture and let sit for 5-10min to ensure it has dried completely! I went with a Devil & Angel Theme for mine, but the possibilities are endless so get creative with your designs!
My Go-To Paint Pen!

Cob-Web Carpet:

Using an old black foot mat we used to have in our front hallway I decided to attempt to re-create a cob-web carpet idea I had scene on Pinterest.
This project cost me a total of $0.00 since I already had the silver paint & the rug had certainly seen better days which just adds to it's CREEPY feel!

Using a Pencil or Fabric marker that is visible on black begin to draw your web design (optional)  you can find a TUN of free templates or pictures to go off of) for this online if you don't feel comfortable drawing it by hand. I did mine on a whim one night Free-Hand & it certainly is not without flaws - Spider webs are abstract in design so I encourage you to just go for it & paint on your cob-web design on using white or silver paint!

Witches Potion Station/ Monster Vase(s):

This is a super simple concept I have shared on the blog before & is one that works for absolutely ANY occasion! Start by removing all labels from your glass bottle/jar (if there is any glue left on the bottle this can be easily removed using rubbing alcohol) Then simply poor paint into the top of your bottle and rotate it as necessary to coat the entire inside of the bottle. Flip the bottle upside down & allow any excess paint to drain out.
I used my trusty Paint Pen to draw on the Frankenstein & Witch Faces, as well to create the Labels for the Witches Potion Station (which read: Potion, Brew, & a skull and cross bones).

What are some of your favourite ways to switch up old decor for the Holidays? 
Love to hear from you!!
& As always, Thank You for browsing & Remember to...
Dream Big      Sparkle More      Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment