Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Twigs & Tassels DIY Easter Decor

Like the arrival of Spring, I was a little late this year to share my DIY Easter Decor Ideas... Despite the fact that the majority of these decorations have been around since Mid February - about the time I was over Winter & ready for spring! Here is a few little snip-its of what Easter is looking like around here - Many of them I plan on keeping up as we head into Spring! 
Up-cycled Plastic Eggs; Despite being obsessed with switching up my home decor to welcome a new Holiday / Season (or in this case both) I always do my best to limit unnecessary excess waste by up-cycling old or unused items whenever possible! I love how easy & inexpensive it was to give a much needed face lift to some classically tacky plastic eggs with just a few coats of paint! 
I ended up deciding to display in this cute little 'Egg Tree'. Which was pulled together super simply by poking a few holes into the tops of the Plastic Eggs with a metal skewer, & attaching a loop of pink embroidery thread to each, & hung them on a large branch which I vased (absolutely not a word) in a recycled apple cider bottle. 
This DIY Paint Chip Bunting is actually one that I made last year. It s quite self explanatory to make!  
Simply cut out 'Egg' shapes from various Paint Chip cards - be sure to take advantage of the monochrome gradient to achieve the Ombre effect. 
If you are interested in viewing last years Easter Decor Post, it can be found HERE . 
I made a Cinderella Inspired Tassel Garland. I know, I know she is kind of everywhere right now - from fashion to cosmetics,  but she has always been my favourite Disney Princess, & the child in me kind of loves it so I have no shame admitting to jumping on board with this Trend!! 

Tassel Garlands are available for purchase / custom order in the Upcy Shop 
 @Upcygirl on Instagram ]

Tutorials for the following were posted last week to the Blog. 
I have attached direct links to both below.


Dream Big Sparkle More Shine Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment