Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

DIY 'Partners In Crime' T-Shirt {Perfect for Galentines Day}

KM Photography
This DIY for matching Bestie T-shirts is not only perfect for your upcoming Galeintes Day Date, they would also make a great Craft Night project for your upcoming DIY Girls Night!

& are a daily reminder that you quite literally have got each-others backs!
Supplies Needed:
~ Scissors (optional)
~ Bristol Board 
~ Paint 
~ 2 Matching Plain T-Shirts (I picked these ones up for under $3.00 a piece)
~ Paint Marker 
~ Pencil / Fabric Marker 

How To: 
Bare in mind that when I began this project I didn't intend on sharing a Tutorial, so the photos are a little bit sparse & frankly quite horrible too! But you guys said you wanted to see more of the Real behind the scenes mess & that is exactly what these are!

(Optional) Step 0.5 . I wanted our Tops to be a little bit cropped
 (the T-shirts I got were youth larges so the shape/ length of them wasn't what I had in mind)
To crop the bottom off your top leaving a straight hem line be sure to measure from the bottom
[As a reference point - I  cut off 4 inches from the bottom of these T-shirts - I smeasured up from the bottom making a mark at 4' on 4 different points along the bottom of the shirt - connect the dots - & cut along the line!]

Step 1 . Fold your Bristol Board in half

Step 2 . Draw half of heart beginning & ending on the folded edge (Elementary School style).

Step 3 . Cut out Heart shape (through both halves of the Bristol Board) creating your Heart Stencil
Shown in Image 4.

Step 4 . Fold the Heart stencil back in half, place it on the BACK of the T-shirt, being careful to line it up with the seam of T-shirt A & trace gently with a pencil / fabric marker.

Step 5 . Using your Paint Marker carefully paint over the heart shape you drew on in Step 4.

Once dry
Step 6 . draw on whatever Quote or Phrase you feel most suits you and your Galentine!
(or trace letter stencils if you do not feel confident doing this free hand)

Repeat Steps 5 & 6 for T-shirt B but on the opposite seam -- So the two heart half's line up when the two of you unite (unless of course you have about a foot of height difference)

When I first started this Blog I was all about sharing Nail Tutorials (especially Valentine Ones) & then I wasn't about it at all! With last week being the Anniversary of the Start of the Blog I thought it might be fun to share this Years Valentine Mani's for old time's sake!I will be doing one more this Weekend; Get at me with any ideas or share your Valentine Mani using #AnUpcyValentine 

No comments:

Post a Comment